RMG is seeking a dynamic Solution Engineer to join our Delivery team in our Luton office. The Solution Engineer is the "Swiss Army Knife" of RMG. Part pre-sales liaison, who will be engaged throughout the sales process, part delivery project manager, and part application engineer, the Solution Engineer is a critical role for delivering profitable projects and amazing solutions to RMG clients.
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of a broad range of hardware, software, and complementary applications as well as keen sales acumen, project management skills and critical RMG software and web application engineering skills. The Solution Engineer will work collaboratively with Sales Executives and will be able to fully scope and document customer engagement solutions using RMG’s technologies as well as third party offerings.
The role combines sales, project management, and billable service delivery tasks. As such the role requires the ability to confidently present to clients and prospects at all levels and the ability to self-manage work and deliver projects on-time and on-budget.
Typical daily functions include:
- Sales calls
- Product demonstrations
- Assisting Sales with RFP responses
- Client project requirements gathering and documentation
- Solution documentation
- Solution service execution to include billable delivery tasks such as installing software, configuring media players, deploying creative assets on client tenants and media players, performing software upgrades, setting up data integrations and more
- Client project management to include status calls, emails, status reports
This role also interfaces heavily with Sales, Development, Customer Support, and Creative Design, to accurately communicate the customer’s requirements to each member of the RMG team.
Education & Experience
* BS Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related technical field preferred.
* 2 - 5 years related experience in digital signage, retail, supply chain, call center, and/or Internal communications.
* Strong knowledge of Windows, Linux (Ubuntu), Networking, Security, and Cloud solutions
* Technical knowledge of PBX, Databases, and A/V equipment & distribution
* Knowledge of triggers, beacons, mobile and screen technology, cabling, and video output characteristics (i.e.: resolutions)
* Baseline knowledge of coding languages such as Java, Python, C++, etc.
* Baseline knowledge of operating systems such as Chrome, iOS, and Android
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Visio, and graphic/analysis tools
* Working knowledge of Audio/Video distribution, digital signage and streaming media including file formats, codecs, video resolutions, encoding standards and audio/video software
* Competent with Windows Server 2012 and beyond administration
* Experience implementing and supporting databases (MSSQL, PostgreSQL) preferred
* Track record of numerous successful and reference able implementation, integration, or development projects and associated consulting; large clients preferred
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication