The purpose of the Client Technical Support Specialist is to work within RMG Networks to provide responsive and excellent support in areas of product features, installation, troubleshooting, use and usability of RMG Network's software and hardware products.
* Support Windows servers and clients through troubleshooting proprietary applications, SQL, Internet Information Services (IIS), and networking Issues
* Provide excellent client management including communications, responsive follow through, and advocacy for client issues within internal departments. Success is measured by customer satisfaction levels.
* Document detailed issue, description and resolution in call logging database system.
* Identify software/hardware bugs and work with Development and QA teams to document and track them to resolution
* Manages and contributes to the technical support knowledge base for use by customers and internal RMG Networks’ teams.
* Writes technical documentation and trains other support personnel on troubleshooting methodologies.
* Continuously improve your knowledge of the existing and new products in order to optimize the collective team knowledge in order to provide the best possible customer service and satisfaction.
* Carries low volume on call phone every third week.
* Degree in a technical field, certifications (MCP, MCSE, A+), or equivalent experience.
* 2 - 5 years’ experience in troubleshooting products
* Strong knowledge of networking, including hardware, concepts, and protocols.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (Unix/Linux experience is a plus).
* Strong knowledge of MS Office products, IIS, .Net, WPF
* Must have audio visual experience (e.g., implementing A/V hardware).
* Experience with multimedia and digital video compression techniques such as Windows Media Player and Quick time, and knowledge of video codecs.
* Strong knowledge of SQL and advanced queries.
* Strong knowledge of HTML programming.
* Ability to use adv. Debugging tools (Wire Shark, debugview etc.).